Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rock bang!

There was a time when I thought I might retire this blog, but my Dad's questions about when the next post was going to be up changed my mind.

Lots of changes have happened over the past month and a half. I made my move back up to Canada, left beautiful South Carolina behind and settled into a new city: Ottawa.

The transition has been pretty smooth. I was lucky to know that I had a part-time job waiting for me, and a sister to live with, when I arrived in this new place. I'm working for TerraChoice Environmental Marketing as a communication and media consultant. And you'll never guess what one of my tasks is... to write for their blog. It's been a big learning curve and I'm very glad for it. I suppose those of you who are interested can let me know what you think: http://blog.terrachoice.com/.

I guess I'm going to keep my own blog, er, thing going. I'll write about some of the issues around sustainability and climate change that I've been learning about, and share with you some of the adventures I take part in. I know you all really care about that.

I'll leave you with a video I took of the fireworks display in Ottawa this past July 1. There are some funny and overly enthusiastic Canadian chanters toward the end. Oh, and I should explain the title of this blog. Alexiss took me to a completely laugh-your-ass-off rockband play as part of the Ottawa Fringe Festival. Imagine two young White Stripes-but-Germans rocking out on super tiny instruments (and playing well) and having the audience chant, "Rock, bang. Rock-bang!" Funny. And as a teaser for the blogging that is to come, I will say to watch out for it... change is afoot.

No comments: